INDIGENOUS KNOWLEDGE SYSTEMS BILL (B6-2016) - Comments open until 15 December 2016
INDIGENOUS KNOWLEDGE SYSTEMS BILL (B6-2016)
Draft to be reviewed/commented on until 15 December 2016:
Ronald Gibson: So for those in the Natural Health trade that has that secret recipe or formula that you use in creating your products, or just use what is seen as general knowledge and good sense taken from indigenous and international natural health practices, now is the time to make your voice heard. If you are complacent and do not think this will come to pass or affect you, think again. Remember the ignored warnings regarding the declaring of CAMs products and modalities as medicines that fell on deaf ears, or elicited responses of conspiracy theory or plain denial that it will ever happen, with those same deniers now still sitting, waiting for others to fix the dilemma that could have been prevented? Now is the time to stand up and be counted.
LEGISLATIVE NOTICE - The Portfolio Committee on Science and Technology invites you to submit written comments on the Protection, Promotion, Development and Management of Indigenous Knowledge Systems Bill [B6-2016]
The Bill seeks to:
▪ provide for the protection, promotion, development and management of indigenous knowledge systems;
▪ provide for the establishment and functions of the National Indigenous Knowledge Systems Office;
▪ provide for the management of rights of indigenous knowledge holders; to provide for the establishment and functions of the Advisory Panel on indigenous knowledge systems;
▪ provide for access and conditions of access to knowledge of indigenous and local communities;
▪ provide for the registration, accreditation and certification of indigenous knowledge practitioners;
▪ provide for the facilitation and coordination of indigenous knowledge systems-based innovation;
Enquiries can be directed to Ms. Shanaaz Isaacs on tel (021) 403 3763 or cell 083 709 8536
Issued by Ms L Maseko, MP, Acting Chairperson of the Portfolio Committee on Science nd Technology.
Labels: #Control, #eczema, Bill B6-2016, CAMs, Indigenous Knowledge Systems, Indigenous Medicine, Natural Medicine, OTHER, South Africa, Update 2016 Also blogged on 29 November 2016 at: http://whatcaniusefor.blogspot.co.za/2016/11/indigenous-knowledge-systems-bill-b6-2016.html